Monday 11 March 2013

Cider Black Please

I've been very busy over the past few months! Lots of University deadlines creeping up on me! However I have been out and about attending some amazing gig nights at the Newcastle o2 Academy and some local shows. Cider Black please... best drink to have at a gig!

I've been meaning to upload some gig photos/videos for a while! So we're going back in time now to November when my friend Laura and I saw Irish band The Coronas and Hudson Taylor. I have been following Hudson Taylor for just over a year now through social networking and YouTube. I heard they were playing at Newcastle Student Union and couldn't wait to see them support The Coronas. 

Hudson Taylor at Newcastle Student Union 
Harry and Alfie


















So.... A bit about Hudson Taylor. Harry (20) and Alfie (18), both brothers from Ireland, began busking and uploading videos to YouTube. Their music range takes inspiration from Folk and Pop. They have done covers of well known songs, however they always put their own stamp on it! Since reaching to well over 2 million views on YouTube they have released their album- Cinematic Lifestyle, which is now available to buy on iTunes.  

As well as supporting The Coronas before Christmas, Hudson Taylor have been touring with Jake Bugg supporting him at his gigs. Hudson Taylor have released a new song called- Drop in the ocean. So check out this video to hear what they sound like. 

Hudson Taylor were on stage for about 30 minutes. There set songs for the night were- 
- Butterflies 
-Watchtower 
- Hideaway 
- Left Alone 
- Cinematic Lifestyle 
- Chasing Rubies 
- Battles 
My Guitar Necklace signed by Hudson Taylor!

Harry and Alfie were really lovely after the show, I was able to meet them and talk to them about their music. They said how crazy it is meeting fans (like me) who sing along to their music. I was also lucky to have my guitar Necklace signed, a photo with the boys and also a cheeky follow from Alfie on Twitter! 







Enjoy! 

Just Lidia x

No comments:

Post a Comment